Friday, October 31, 2008

Taco Soup

This is one of our kids favorites!

In a crockpot combine:

1 can petite diced tomatoes
1 can black beans, drained
1 can corn
1 4oz. can green chillies, mild
1 can kirkland chicken, drained
3 Tbsp. taco seasoning
1 cup salsa

Cook on low for 6 hours. Serve with shredded cheese, green onions, sour cream and avocado.

You can also cook this on the stove top for about 35 minutes, stirring occasionally. Its super easy and super tasty.

From: I got this recipe from my old ward and have adapted it to suit my needs and with the things that I always have around the house.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Thanks Laura. I need a really good Taco recipe.

Carrie said...

I do something similar. I use black beans, red kidney beans, browned ground hamburger (1 lb), can of corn, mild taco seasoning packet all on the stove. Top with fritos, cheese, and sourcream. It's thicker, more like a stew. I just use all the juices from the cans, and don't add water usually.

Dave said...

Carrie, That sounds SO yummy. I never thought to add fritos to my soup... I wll be trying this one out when Dave gets back home. THX!