Friday, October 24, 2008

Rosemary Peasant Bread

Just like Macaroni Grill bread... It's that good!

Ingredients:

1 packet yeast
2 C. warm water
1 T sugar
4 C. flour
2 tsp. salt
1-2 fresh rosemary (I used dried and it worked just fine)
Olive Oil
Corn meal flour (I use parchment paper instead)
Melted butter Salt

Directions:

Dissolve yeast in the warm water and sugar.

Add flour, salt, and 1-2 tsp Rosemary and stir until blended, do not Knead!! (I used my KitchenAid with the hook attachment) Cover and let rise for 1 hour or until double in size. (This took me about 1 1/2 hour)

Remove dough. It will be sticky. (Marie's tip: Put shortening or oil on your hands to handle the dough and shaping it. It works better than using flour on your hands).

Place it in 2 rounds on a cookie sheet lightly coated in oil and sprinkled with corn meal. (I used parchmant paper and some oil)

Cover with a towel or greased plastic wrap. Then let it rise another hour.

Brush each round with melted butter and lightly sprinkle with more Rosemary and salt.

Bake @ 425 for 10 minutes, then reduce temperature to 375 for 15 minutes more.

Notes: I used dried rosemary and it worked just as good. I also omit the corn meal and line my cookie sheet with parchment paper. I used my hook attachment on my KitchenAid.
From: Marie, Make and Takes

No comments: