Sunday, March 29, 2009

Rainbow Cake


Ingredients:

2 boxes WHITE cake mix
3 cups Sprite or Ginger ale
GEL Food coloring
Frosting



Directions:

Grease two 8" cake pans and set aside.

Mix cake mix and sprite in a large bowl. Batter may be slightly lumpy.

Separate batter into six small bowls as evenly as possible. Add food coloring until you achieve desired color.

Pour half of each color in the CENTER of the pan. One color on top of the other. Repeat on opposite pan working with reverse order in colors.

Bake as directed in the package about 30-35 minutes at 350. Frost and enjoy!


Source: www.omnomicon.com/rainbowcake
Note: This cake was fun to do and it tasted pretty good. The kids love this colorful wonder. Its SUPER easy

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Thanks Laura. I think this'll be the birthday cake from now on.

Melissa said...

Hey question. Do you make the white cake mix up like on the directions on the back of the box and THEN add the sprite, or not add anything but the sprite to the mix?

Melissa said...

Ok sorry I went to the website and got my answer.
I guess that's why you do that aye.
Sorry man.
I'll look next time before I ask.

Wendy said...

Yeah! I was hoping you would share how you made this one.

Tris said...

you are kidding me?! i think you ARE a super-mom. this cake looks amazing.

mds said...

looks sooo pretty! send me a permission email to your other blog - michelle.dealmeida@gmail.com