Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Lollipops


Ingredients:

2 cups Sugar
2/3 cup Lite Karo Syrup
1 cup water
1 1/2 tsp. flavoring
food coloring

Directions:

Prepare molds by placing them on parchment paper with lollipop stick in them. Lightly spray with non-stick spray.

Combine the sugar, syrup and water in a medium sauce pan and place over medium high heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves and have your candy thermometer ready. The thermometer will read “Hard Crack” (or 300 degrees) when you know to turn off the heat and remove the pan from the heat. When the liquid is ready, add 1 1/2 tsp. flavoring and food coloring. It will fizz a little and smell strong, but it is perfect for the suckers.

Pour the lollipop liquid into the molds. The strings that are left will harden and break off. Allow the lollipops to set for about 10-15 minutes. Test them by trying to pop them out.


Source: Make and Takes
Note: Be sure to get the molds to lay flat to avoid spillage. For easy pouring I spray non-stick spray in a 2 cups glass measuring cup, the spout helps to pour evenly and carefully. Only make one flavor per batch, splitting them is not recommended. I like to wrap these in lollipop bags with a twisty tie. Super YUM!

4 comments:

Mrs. L said...

Laura,
I love your lollipops! They are so pretty.

Sandra Evertson said...

Fabulous! Thank you for so generously sharing your recipe!
Sandra Evertson

Lorie said...

Cute! My mom used to make lollipops all the time! I need to make them with my kids sometime!

Jenn said...

Beautiful! I stumbled across your blog because I saw you were interested in making hair bows! I love to make hair bows too!

Jenn
http://www.LearnHowToMakeBows.com